What We Do
Active Living By Design creates community-led change by working with local, state and national partners to build a culture of active living and healthy eating.
All communities are healthy communities where routine physical activity and healthy eating are accessible, easy and affordable to everyone.
Active Living By Design has been a leader in healthy eating and active living policy and environmental change through its consultation and collaboration with more than 160 local partnerships in 30 states, dozens of national collaborators and a variety of philanthropic organizations.
Active Living By Design's contributions to the field include but are not limited to:
- providing technical assistance, consultation and coaching to community partnerships across the nation;
- participating in national, state and local partnerships, task forces and advisory committees;
- consulting on strategy, program design and implementation with national, state and local funders;
- presenting at national, state and local conferences and meetings;
- developing and disseminating case studies, lessons learned and other publications; and
- connecting partnerships, organizations and leaders to resources, information and others doing similar work.